Introducing Sentinel Evaluation & Training (SET)
Since commencing services in April 2002, the First Contact group of companies has had an absolute commitment to training.
Managing Director, Darryl Stonnell, developed his first specialised training programme over a decade ago; well before training became the ‘in thing to do’.
This training programme has gone on to be the framework for the NZQA qualification in this specialised area of security.
In the absence of training you are left with guesswork.
Can that protect your investment?
A COMMITMENT TO TRAINING
From the managing director through to a new employee, everyone involved in the First Contact group is required to have the same commitment to training.
There is nothing more important to us as a company than training: it is where we instil the skills that allow our staff to do their job professionally.
Training is not an option at First Contact: you either train or you do not work for us.
We believe that no matter how short a time a staff member is with our company, it is our duty to manage their career and ensure they are given every opportunity to gain a qualification.
Some would argue that once they are trained, they could leave; the worse condition is if they were not trained and they stayed.
We have been honoured to present some of our staff their very first qualification. The sense of achievement that this instilled in them created a new staff member for our company. People who have a sense of self worth change in so many positive ways.
Our staff are encouraged to embrace training as it is an investment in themselves, and to the benefit our clients and we as a company enjoy the by-product.
Everyone claims to, we just prove it
As the pressure to justify security spending increases, the requirement to provide trained staff has increased. So many providers claim to train their staff; our qualifications speak for themselves.
We are proud of the fact that we can boast:
- Over 50 graduates in the NZQA National Certificate in Security (Level 3).
- Over 160 NZQA qualifications.
- More NZQA registered licensed premises security staff than any other company in New Zealand.
- We developed the material used to implement the NZQA unit standard for specialised security.
- We were part of the development team for the new Level 4 NZQA qualification for the National Certificate in Security.
- We are a registered workplace assessor, meaning we can train and assess our own staff to NZQA levels.
- Over 90% of our permanent staff hold their full First Aid Certificate.
- We are the critical situation training provider for the Department of Internal Affairs.
Finalist in the Hospitality Association of New Zealand (HANZ) Excellence in Training award for 2008 & 2009.
MAYORAL GRADUATION CEREMONY
Recently the Mayor of Wellington presented 27 awards to people from the security industry in Wellington who had completed their National Certificate in Security.
For the second year in a row, all of these certificates were awarded to First Contact staff.
Our clients include:
- Hospitality Association of New Zealand (HANZ)
- Department of Internal Affairs
- City Councils: North Shore, Auckland, Hamilton, Tauranga, Gisbourne, New Plymouth, Taupo, Rotorua, Palmerston North, Lower Hutt, Wellington, Blenheim, Nelson, Christchurch, Dunedin, Westport, Greymouth & Invercargill
- New Zealand Police
- Electrotechnology Industry Training Organisation (ETITO)